In our continuing series featuring our retail partners, we’re showcasing G-Star RAW today. “Did You Know…”
- G-Star RAW was founded in 1989?
- is based in Amsterdam?
- was originally named “Gap Star” but renamed themselves because they didn’t want anyone to be confused with “The Gap?”
- in 1996, they started producing raw denim (meaning unwashed and untreated)?
- military clothing and designs from around the world are their inspo?
- In 2010 they implemented a sandblasting ban to protect workers from exposure to silica dust?
- in 2014, “RAW for the Oceans” was launched? (It was a collab between G-Star and Bionic Yarn, Pharrell Williams’ textile company, resulting in a denim collection made from recycled plastic recovered from the ocean.)
- in 2016, Pharrell Williams became a co-owner? (Pretty cool.)
So now you know!
Are you looking for a luxury personal shopping service based in New York City? Contact us today via our Request page; email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or via WhatsApp: +1 646 785 9848. We’re here to be your online personal shopper, and we deliver worldwide!
(Images: G-Star Raw.)